Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Slowly getting better

Sickness has been the common theme in our house recently, sometimes just one of us is sick and on rare occasion, there are two of us that are sick at the same time. This is precisely how our household has been the past couple of days. I started having an extremely sore throat on Saturday, but I just figured nasty nasal drippage yuckiness. I worked for only a short while on Saturday, because after a couple of hours I started feeling really really ill. I went home in the early afternoon and spent the rest of the day in bed with a fever. On Sunday, I managed to only be able to work for 2 hours and then I repeated Saturday by spending the rest of the day in bed with a fever. On Monday, I had the day off from work, and spent the whole day in bed with a fever and still an extremely sore throat. Then on Tuesday, I finally broke free of the fever, but had that nagging sore throat. We had to take our son to the doctor to check out an infection on a finger and we found out that he has strep throat. So an alarm went off in my head and I decided to get checked out. The doctor took one look at my throat and said "Ewwwww, yuck. I don't even need to do a test on you." So as much as we are not fans of medicine in this household, we were both promptly put on antibiotics. I can't help it if I am taking advantage of all the love and kisses my son gives me at this age...it won't last forever. I was told I needed to take today off as well, and since I was feeling much better, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful 80 degree weather we had in the mountains today. Just some mommy, daddy, and son time. It is rare that just one child gets to have mommy and daddy to themselves for hours.

We had a wonderful couple of hours at the Arboretum. We strolled through the gardens and our very curious boy asked many many questions about all of the different plants and we even had an impromptu concert where he created 5 different songs using his feet to make the music. This boy of ours is a nature lover like his momma and we had a thoroughly enjoyable day with him in the outdoors. It was a lovely day taken slowly by his momma. This being sick thing has taken all of the energy out of my body and I am looking forward to when my energy is back to full steam. Hope you all are enjoying healthy days with your loved ones.
Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment