Daisies

Daisies

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Comfort

As the temperatures drop, we seek more and more comfort at home. There has been lots of snuggling and a whole lot of yummy comfort food. We have been enjoying dishes with pie dough on the bottom or on top and all I want is more hearty food in the coming days...I swear that I am getting ready for hibernation, quite like a bear would. I better start kicking up my exercise routine so that I don't gain a million pounds as well, but oh this comfort food is so so so good, how can one resist, right? Coincidentally, everyone in this house has been feeling slightly off in some way or another, so comfort is exactly what we need right now.
Quiche with vegan sausage, mushrooms, broccoli, and cheese.

My new tablecloth that I am totally in love with.


Yummmm.

The kids helping with peeling potatoes. They really love to help with kitchen duties and I think it is about time that I start teaching them how to cook so that they can be responsible adults when it comes time.


Vegetarian Pot pie...holy moly, this is definitely going to be a staple from now on. It was incredibly yummy and the kids gobbled it up like it was the best thing ever. Yay! I made it with potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, peas, mushrooms, and vegetarian meatballs. I should also mention that the Pie Dough recipe is the "All Butter Pie Dough" out of Ashley English's "A Year of Pies"...definitely one of the best pie dough recipes I have ever used.

I'm also joining in with Ginny for the "yarn along" to share what I am knitting and reading right now. I am still working on Rian's scarf, which is coming along very quickly for me. I did end up picking another Megan Sefton knitting mystery book, I just can't stay away from this series. Now I am off to bed as I start another mini-mester  tomorrow, this time an English class.
Peace, Yasmin

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous food!
    One of my kid love to peel potatos too! I love that she loves it ;-)

    ReplyDelete