Daisies

Daisies

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bringing it all into perspective

So today was somewhat of an awful day. I had planned to just work 4 hours at work, because technically this would be my normal day off, but some training was in order. So that was my plan, 4 hours at work, and then home to clean, bake, decorate, and craft. Unfortunately I had a team member call out on me and then the health inspector showed up a half an hour before I was planning to leave, boo. Two hours later than my planned work day, I finally left and went home and literally had no energy to do anything, so I crashed into my bed and watched documentaries. I drifted in and out of sleep and before I knew it, it was 5pm and time to get ready for my knitting circle. I kept thinking that I really don't feel like driving to the yarn shop, and wouldn't mind just staying in bed with no motivation whatsoever, but I promised my fellow knitters that I would be there this week, so off I went in a bad mood. As soon as I walked into the shop, my mood lightened and as I knit and purled, my stress seemed to melt away slowly but surely. My knitting circle is a tiny one and just consists of 2 other ladies that are atleast twice my age. One of the ladies in my knitting group I would say is somewhat my knitting mentor and the other lady is the yarn shop owner. These two ladies are some of the kindest woman I have ever known and I truly care for these ladies. My "knitting mentor" lost her husband 6 years ago and still has a hard time talking about it. My yarn shop owner recently found out that she has invasive cancer and will be going to Duke for lots of tests at the end of this week, please keep her in your prayers. When I hear about what these ladies have and are going through, it makes me realize that what ever is going on in my life doesn't even compare to the stress that they have and are experiencing. In the end, my job is just a job and it helps me provide for my family, which is the most important thing in my life. So, I try to concentrate on knitting and not stressing out so much. At the beginning of this year, I had made a resolution to try to stress less...I need to remind myself of that every single day. Oh and by the way, I finished the scarf for my friend's daughter. Yay!! Pictures below are of the scarf, the scarf modeled by Ashleigh, and just for kicks a picture of Rian and his toys, because he insisted.




Peace and Happy Crafting, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment