Daisies

Daisies

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Knit Along

I am joining in with Ginny of Small Things this week to share two of my loves, knitting and reading. I couldn't help but smile when I saw Ginny happens to be reading the same book as I am at the moment. I am reading "Little House in the Big Woods" by Laura Ingalls Wilder to my kids. I think we are all really enjoying this book and even my 5 year old boy is thoroughly engaged. Someone who noticed my knitting bag at work today said, "Isn't it funny how as we get more dependent on technology, we are craving to go back to the old ways?" I know that me and my family are definitely trying to head towards a more self sustainable life and all I really crave is to go back to the land, so this book ties in perfectly with our hopes and goals for the future, minus the hunting ofcourse:-) The knitting is the scarf I am working on for my assistant...I think it is coming about quite nicely.


Peace, Yasmin

P.S. Please keep my mother in-law in your prayers as the doctor's try to figure out what is going on with her.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your MIL.

    The scarf looks great and I totally understand wantting to go back to the old ways....

    ReplyDelete