Daisies

Daisies

Monday, July 23, 2012

Visit with the sista

My sister and her friend Michelle are visiting for a couple of days and luckily I had yesterday off. It was an incredibly beautiful, very hot, very fulfilling day.  We had a great breakfast at Green Sage and headed on over to the Biltmore Estate. I had never been, so this was kind of exciting. What an incredible house. It is so big and the decorations are amazing. My mom, Anita, Michelle, my kids and I thoroughly enjoyed the house, even with the heat. All the ladies in the party were also drooling over the dresses on display. We walked the gardens for a bit afterwards and then moved onto the winery and the farm. For a late lunch we ate at the Bistro and I had an amazing Chickpea burger. Enjoy the beautiful pictures.






















The architecture of the house was really something and my favorite part of the house was that spiral tower part. The water garden had lots of koi and two Biltmore employees came by and gave saltine crackers to the kids to feed the koi. Those koi were practically jumping out of the water for some crackers. That tree is as old as the house. The gardens had all sorts of beautiful colors and I think I need a conservatory at my house, maybe just not as large as the one on the estate. There were sunflowers higher than us everywhere we looked. As always the kids favorite thing was the farmyard. There were goats, a sweet ass, draft horses, and baby chicks. That goat that Rian is sitting next to was quickly declared his baby by my boy. When we were about to leave the yard, that sweet boy of mine ran back to give "his goat" a big hug and kiss. Yes indeed, it was a wonderful day and my lovely mum got a season pass for me so I get to go back anytime I want. Woohoo. Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well.
Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment