Daisies

Daisies

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fear and Cooking in Asheville

Today my sister and Michelle took my kids to check out some waterfalls and go swimming. They were going to have fun, I know this...but I still worried sick that someone was going to go over a waterfall or something else. I imagined my boy coming home with a busted lip, or scraped shin, or broken bone from a mishap in the water or a fall on the trail to the water. I imagined a phone call from the emergency room by my sister. Yes, I know these things are irrational, but sometimes mommies are irrational...right? Am I the only one that imagines horrible things happening to my children...maybe I need to stop watching movies, or reading the news.  These thoughts only grew worse as I was unable to reach my sister, but ofcourse I couldn't reach her because she probably didn't have any reception on whatever mountain she was on. So in order to keep my mind off of things, I cooked. I made "Not Tuna"(more on that tomorrow), lemony hummus, an heirloom tomato salad, Pineapple Ginger BBQ slaw, and Bhel Puri, while listening to music and drinking New Grist gluten free beer. It kept me sane until my children were safely home and ofcourse they were so happy and had a ton of fun. I apparently need to chill out a bit and not worry so much...yea right.


Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment