Daisies

Daisies

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yarn Along

Joining in today with Ginny in "Yarn Along". I have decided as part of my resolution to get this house organized, I would finish all of my ongoing knitting projects. Oh and there are quite a few of them. As much as I am eager to get started on new projects, I think it would do me some good to free up some of my knitting needles from my "UFO"s...in knitting lingo that is UnFinished Objects. So, for a while you may see some familiar pictures and this one today is of no exception. This one though is a particularly special project for me and I think instead of giving it away to someone, I am going to cherish it for myself. I started this scarf a very very long time ago. It was meant to be a Christmas gift for someone two Christmases ago. Unfortunately, I did not finish the scarf in time and have had a hard time holding it in my hands or even looking at it until now...a new year, a new beginning. This scarf is called Susan, because I think very special things deserve names. Susan passed away a week after Mother's day last year after struggling with the "Big C" on and off for a couple of years. We think about her every single day and I truly wish she was still with us today. I think it is time for me to finish this scarf and hopefully with every knitted stitch my heart will start to slowly heal itself from this tragedy.
Just a plain old knitted scarf filled with lots of love. There isn't much reading going on recently, so no book to share.
Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment