Daisies

Daisies

Friday, September 13, 2013

September already?

Hello friends, well it has been awhile since I have posted anything...a month to be exact. There has been plenty to post about, but I also started back at school a month ago. This semester I am taking some challenging courses whilst work and mommy duties, so time has been sparse. I have also been using my spare time for lots of knitting, not lots of progress, but lots of knitting. Let's see, I have started and ripped out that blanket I have been working on a total of three times now and the same goes for that cowl I was making for myself. Sad I know, but the knitting bug has hit me hard and I am at a point where anything less than perfection in my knitting bothers me. With that said, I think I might have made another mistake in that blanket, but I am going to let it be, because it is hardly noticeable and it would be crazy for me to rip it out a fourth time, right? So other things going on in life: Lots of cooking and baking of course, the beginning of soccer season (a new sport for Rian), an audition for a play for my daughter (she didn't get the part this time, but it was good practice for her), the start of Fall perhaps?, and catching up on Downton Abbey (we don't have cable, but Amazon Prime just put up Season 3 for free). I truly can not believe we are already almost halfway through the month of September. We have been having temperatures in the high to low 80s everyday, but we are supposed to get a cold front this weekend with temperatures in the low 70s during the day and in the 50s at night. Could this finally be the fall weather I have been craving? Apparently the trees in our yard think it is fall already. The colors are starting to change and there are leaves everywhere. I am in for another weekend of working 12+ hour shifts like a madwoman, and studying for my first Anatomy and Physiology2 exam. I know it is a bit nuts, but this is the last week that I will be working four days a week, starting next week I will have Saturdays off to enjoy peaceful time and soccer games with my family...looking forward to that immensely. Well I'm off for some knitting to calm my soul before my crazy weekend of work.
Peace, Yasmin
Who Bread (via Amanda Soule) and some Seeded bread out of the Tassajara Bread Book.
Roasted Poblano Potato and Corn Chowder. If I can remember the next time, I will write down exactly what I put in this delicious soup, so I can share it with all of you. I am very much a taste and see kind of cook rather than follow recipes strictly, so I can give you all a list of ingredients that I used, but I know that some people aren't as comfortable in a kitchen...so I will try to remember next time.
A closer look at the seeded bread. Yumm.



First soccer practice of the season. This little man of mine is amazing. He has no fear. He gets right in the action and tries to kick the ball with the very likelihood that he may get kicked by accident in the process...all of this without shinguards. He may not be the best player out there (this is his first try at soccer), but he definitely gives it a 100%.
 
Relaxing and knitting. That was Rian mesmerized by watching Princess Mononoke (a Hayao Miyazaki film) in Japanese while I folded laundry.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment