Daisies

Daisies

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chaotic Life

As I am getting ready to leave for Knoxville for the next two days, I find myself in a frenzy to tie up all loose ends...from a chaotic, crazy busy day at work to a cooking/cleaning whirlwind at home. It is past midnight and I have just finished my work schedule for next week. With almost 30 people to schedule, sometimes this can be difficult, especially when there are requested days off or I have trainees from other stores. I should also mention that my Microsoft Excel's trial period just expired, so I found out after finishing the schedule completely and saving it, it reverted back to the original completely unfinished schedule. Ahhhhhhh!!! I have so much to do in the morning: taking dog out, getting kids to school, finish packing, go to work and see if the finished schedule I sent to my work e-mail came through correctly...this all needs to be done by 8am, because that is when I need to be on the road towards Knoxville. Wasn't one of my resolutions to have less stress in 2011. Hmmmm??? So after I got home from work and picking up rental car/kids at 5:30pm, I had to bake my Vegan choc chip banana bread as well as some vegan avocado choc chip cupcakes. The family needs snacks while I am away.

 

 My little guy wanted to help mix the cupcake batter, all the while sneaking in licks of the spoon. That boy of mine is too sweet.
The hubby was so kind to take some pressure off of me by making us a lovely dinner of Garlicky kale vegan sausage pasta. yummers. I do feel I wasn't able to accomplish as much as I wanted to. I was hoping to make a lentil soup, so that the family would have an easy dinner to heat while I am away, but with having to go back to work by 7:30pm for a meeting tonight, it just wasn't possible in the 2 hours that I had at home. Have I failed at being a good provider to my family...maybe yes, but unless I start taking Speed or No Doze, things are just going to have to get done when they get done. On that note, I believe I have to get into bed as I will be waking up in 5 hours to get all those morning duties completed. Here is to hoping that I don't get lost on my way to Knoxville.
Peace, Yasmin

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yasmin. Stop being hard on yourself. Last time I checked, you married a chef as well, so I'm pretty sure he can cook for the kids while you're away for two days. Drive safely! :)

    ReplyDelete