Daisies

Daisies

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lazy Saturdays

Today was one of those lazy Saturdays, one of the ones where you sleep in a bit and the kids come and snuggle up in the bed with you in the early morning. We headed off to the farmer's market at a not too early hour and scored lots of beautiful produce and some pizza dough, while listening to some beautiful music. After the farmer's market, we headed off to the library. I have been wanting to go to the library for some time now, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to get a library card without a ID with my current address stated on it. It ended up being a whole lot simpler than I had imagined and I even got cards for both of my kids. I borrowed two knitting books for baby knits (a friend is expecting:-)) and my kids also borrowed two books each. I kind of love this local library of ours. It is a very small library, so there are no worries of lost children and in fact I am pretty much able to be in the adult section and I can still keep an eye on my little guy playing on the computer. We didn't spend much time in there today, but I am looking forward to becoming very familiar with this library. I love a good bookstore, but who can pass up free to borrow books? The rest of the day was spent lazing around and lots of cooking. There were plans to clean this and that, but enjoying the stillness seemed to be so much more of a priority. I baked a Pear Ginger Tart (it was ok...I don't think I like gingersnaps) and I also made a Potato Kale Goat Cheese Torte, which turned out quite fabulous.


I am hoping for many more lazy Saturdays the rest of this year.

Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment