Daisies

Daisies

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Autumn

Today is the autumnal equinox, when day and night are of equal length. We are feeling cooler temperatures early in the morning and when the sun falls. I am being pulled more towards hearty meals of soup, lots of apple recipes, winter squash, and pumpkin spice. I am also craving lots more time with yarn. I love autumn.
To mark the first day of autumn, Ashleigh and I drove the blue ridge parkway to the Pisgah Inn for a craft fair and some lunch overlooking the mountains.

Can you see the colors changing slowly but surely. It was quite sunny out and a bit hard to get a good picture, but you get the point.


View from Pisgah Inn, pretty flowers, and Ashleigh walking on a path around the Inn.
 

Treasures from the craft fair, an elephant because I love them and plain old drawings with pencil or pen and paper are one of my favorite art forms. A painting of the back of a woman. I am not sure why, but I was very drawn to this painting and after circling the craft fair once, I came back to this painting wanting to buy it. I am thinking of hanging it in my bathroom. It is beautiful, isn't it.
Hope you all had a wonderful first day of autumn.
Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment