Daisies

Daisies

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

These Days

These Days there is a lot of cooking going on, but I guess when isn't there a lot of cooking going on in this house...right. We have been making curries, cookies, cinnamon buns, pasta, pizza, and so much more. I think I mentioned that I am trying out a new thing where we buy our dry goods only once a month on the 5th, when our local co-op gives an extra 5% off to members. We do still buy eggs, almond milk, and produce on a regular basis. Also looking at my cereal stock, I may have to buy some more cereal...these people eat a lot of cereal, and for next time I will take stock of this and buy even more cereal and also make sure there are enough oats available in case we do run out again. The thing I love about this new way of grocery shopping is that we are forced to be creative and I do think in the long run it does save us money. Anyway, on to the food.







 
 
  1. An Omelet with mushrooms, spinach, and feta.
  2. Vegetable Korma.
  3. Cinnamon Buns.
  4. Pasta with a sun dried tomato, portabello, smoked gouda cream sauce.
  5. Chickpea Curry.
  6. Cheese Pizza.
  7. A White pizza topped with leeks, garlic, feta, mozzarella, and smoked gouda.
  8. Pizza and beer...sometimes that is all you need in life.
Just a couple notes...as some of you may have noticed, there is a recipe section on this blog and a shop section on this blog. The shop section is still very much in development, but I thought it was about time I utilized the recipe section, especially since I cook all the time. Later on today I will put two posts in there for the pizza dough recipe I used (it may be the best one we have made so far, a great sturdy, tasty crust) and also for the Chickpea Curry I made. Also if there is ever a recipe I don't post about and you would like it, you are more than welcome to e-mail me at YasminKirkwood@gmail.com or just leave a comment on the blog.

Also I am linking in with Nicole over at Frontier Dreams for "Keep Calm Craft On {Crafting On}" I have been thinking about multiple projects that need to be done and in the stressing out about it all, I decided to take a moment for myself late last night to do a bit of spinning. I am still a very novice spinner, but I do enjoy it quite a bit.
Ok off to do some last minute Christmas shopping and other errands.
Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment