Daisies

Daisies

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Oh lovely day








This morning we woke up to snow...not a huge amount, but enough to cause lots of trouble for driving here in "unprepared for snow" Asheville. The good thing about today was that I was able to have a full day off. This business of going to school and/or working 7 days a week was getting a bit too much for me, so this full day off was a very nice welcome for me. My family hasn't had a full day off with me since the beginning of January, so yes it was so needed. I started the day with a leisurely breakfast of Toad in the Hole, fried potatoes, and yummy coffee. Rian also asked for a Toad in the Hole, but I had used our one egg, so he settled for some butter toasted bread with a shape cut out of it. He picked a Christmas tree cookie cutter and proceeded to sing "Oh Christmas Tree". What a silly little boy. By 11 this morning all the snow had melted and so my mom treated us all to the movies for "Jack the Giant Slayer". We all really enjoyed that movie, the animation of the giants was wonderful. After the movie we spent a bit of time at the bookstore and then went grocery shopping together. After I put the groceries away, I was able to clean the house up a bit...finally! It is so nice to be able to sit in the house, without being antsy about how messy it is. I made a simple dinner of Vegan Italian Sausage, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Steamed Broccoli, and a pickle for me and the kids. Today was a good day and it was spent just the way I wanted to...not too much going on, and time to take care of what I needed to take care of.
Hope you all had a lovely day, oh and can you believe it is March already. What the heck.
Peace, Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment